Tel: 08500 1 22 555

Parent Helpline: Option 1

Sufferer Helpline: Option 2

Self-Harm Helpline: Option 3

What can parents do if they are concerned?

Keep a close eye on your son's

  • Food intake
  • Exercise levels
  • Mood
  • Weight

Write everything down, as this may help the GP recognise the signs
Seek help from your GP as soon as you are concerned.

Don’t be afraid to keep going back to your GP (every week if necessary)
Become an expert. Read as much as you can on the subject.

Talk to your son's tutor, head, sports staff or medical staff who should also (discreetly, and confidentially) be able to help you and your son.

If you're at all concerned, please call or email us at EDA and talk it through with us, and please visit

We have informative articles concerning Eating Disorders and schools on our publications page.

?> ?>