Lasting Legacies

When making your will we understand that your priority will be to provide for your loved ones, however many people also choose to leave a gift to a cause that is close to their hearts. A gift in your will, however small or large, will mean that EDA will always be here to offer life-saving support and care for people struggling with eating disorders.

Our aim at EDA is to ensure that everyone affected by an eating disorder gets the timely support and advice they need to make a full recovery. By making a gift in your will, you can help us ensure that this becomes a reality.

Remember a Charity logo 

“I have left provision for EDA in my will to thank them for their incredible support for me and to make sure that their services continue to exist and offer that help and hope to others in need.”

Making a Will

There are a number of options when writing a Will, but we do recommend consulting a solicitor using the search facility in the link below to find a solicitor where you live.

If you are making a Will for the first time, simply make an appointment with your chosen solicitor. They will need EDA's registered address and charity number when making a gift to us.

Address: EDA, Saville Court, 10-11 Saville Place, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 4EJ 

Charity Number: 1155686 in England and Wales, and SCO45443 in Scotland

Co-op Legal Services Remember A Charity Member offer

As a member, EDA supporters will automatically receive a generous 20% discount on their online Will, all year round. Prices start from only £99 + VAT (£118.80) for a standard single Will and no code is required. Please visit Co-op Legal Services.

To contact a Wills specialist by phone, call on 0844 252 9965 and quote RACWILLS01

What kind of gifts can I give?

There are several kinds of gifts you can make

Residuary Gifts- a gift of all or a percentage of your estate, after other gifts to family and friends are made and debts paid

Pecuniary Gifts – a fixed some of money. Every pound will make a difference

Specific Gifts – a particular item, or house contents

Life interest- this is gift which someone can benefit from in your lifetime. For instance , your home could be left for the use of a partner or relative. When they die it could be passed to charity

How do I change an existing will to include a charitable gift?

You can easily make a change to your will without utilising the time and cost of your solicitor. You will need to write something called a Codicil which must be witnessed and kept safely with your Will.

A Codicil must be signed in the presence of two independent witnesses who are not related and it must clearly state their name, address and occupation as well as signing.

You will of course need to add the details of your gift to Anorexia and Bulimia Care, adding our address and charity number.

For more information about leaving a lasting legacy, please contact us today by calling our office directly on 0117 9730604